Auditions for the Charlotte Players production of Agatha Christie’s murder mystery “The Mousetrap” will take place on Sunday, July 8, and Monday, July 9, at the Charlotte Players Community Theater Center, 1100 Market Circle, Port Charlotte. Director Ken Crisp will be seeing actors at 7 p.m. both days.
Crisp is looking for five men and three women to play a group of quirky strangers who are stranded in a boarding house during a snow storm, one of whom is a murderer. The characters are:
- Mollie Ralston: A pretty, youngish woman. Age 20s-40s. She and her husband, Giles, run Monkswell Manor, a guesthouse that gives the appearance of having been lived in by generations of the same family with dwindling resources.
- Giles Ralston: A rather arrogant but attractive youngish man. Age 20s-40s.
- Christopher Wren: A rather wild-looking, neurotic youngish man. Slightly flamboyant/artistic natured. His hair is long and untidy.
- Mrs. Boyle: An imposing woman in middle age. Bad tempered.
- Miss Casewell: A woman of manly type, youngish looking. Speaks with a deep voice.
- Mr. Paravicini: A foreigner, elderly and perhaps sporting a flamboyant mustache, reminiscent of Hercule Poirot.
- Major Metcalf: A middle-aged, square-shouldered man, very military in manner and bearing.
- Sergeant Trotter: A cheerful youngish to middle-aged man with a cockney accent (if possible).
“The Mousetrap” opened in London in 1952 and never closed to this day, becoming the world’s longest-running play by far. Crisp and the cast will present their interpretation in September at the Langdon Playhouse. Tickets for the Players’ 2018-19 season are on sale now and available at www.charlotteplayers.org or by calling 941-255-1022
ABOUT CHARLOTTE PLAYERS: Celebrating its 58th anniversary in 2018, Charlotte Players is a nonprofit organization dedicated to continuing a rich tradition of providing and promoting professional theater arts through the avenues of educational programs and entertainment productions that enrich the community in Charlotte County and Southwest Florida. For more information, visit www.charlotteplayers.org.